Like any physical activity, trampolining can cause injury. If you carefully review the research however, you’ll learn that the vast majority of injuries occur when trampoline safety guidelines are ignored.
The fact is that cycling, swimming, soccer and all other activities have some level
of risk; BUT the risk of inactivity is even greater.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention state that as a person’s weight increases beyond a healthy level, so does their risk for developing:
- Coronary heart disease
- Type 2 diabetes
- Cancers (endometrial, breast, and colon)
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Dyslipidemia (for example, high total cholesterol or high levels of triglycerides)
- Liver and Gallbladder disease
- Sleep apnea and breathing problems
- Osteoarthritis (a breakdown of cartilage and bone within a joint)
- Gynecological problems (abnormal periods, infertility)
Please carefully read and always follow the safety guidelines for trampoline use. Used properly, your trampoline will provide a life time of health benefits.